South Shores in Melbourne Beach is an attractive gated community featuring small single family homes and attached villas with tile roofs. Exceptional amenities include a private beach access, community pool with clubhouse, tennis, beautiful elevated nature walk and community fishing pier. This is an ideal neighborhood for a second home.
- 5500 block of Highway A1A
- 7.2 miles south of the Ocean Ave. (downtown Melbourne Beach)
- 3.2 miles south of Driftwood Plaza (Publix).
South Shores of Melbourne Beach is located in the middle south beaches. Enter community from Highway A1A via gated Oceanway Drive.
Info: Landscaped gatehouse entry, nicely maintained, etc.
Beaches: South Shores features a deeded beach access across from the community entrance.
- Gated planned community
- Ocean to River
- Small homes & townhomes
- Private beach access
- Community fishing pier (river)
- Community pool
- Nature Walk
- Boat Storage
- Landscaped community entrance
- Small lots
- Cul de Sac streets with sidewalks
- Ideal for second home
- Convenient to Beaches, Parks & Shopping
- Homeowners Association:
- – @ $168/month
Homes in South Shores:
General price range –
- Townhomes: $200,000 to $300,000
- Single family homes: $300,000 to $400,000
Lot sizes – Average .07 to .12 acres
Homes sizes –
- Townhomes: 1,000 – 1,400 sq ft
- Single family homes: 1,300 to 1,700 sq ft
Home styles – Deed restricted
Community size – Approx. 60 townhomes and 52 single family homes
Outstanding Brevard County School District –
- Gemini Elementary School
- Hoover Middle School
- Melbourne High School
- Also Limited Access to “Schools of Choice” including Westshore Junior/Senior High