The Lower South Beaches in Melbourne Beach is a four mile stretch of beautiful barrier island ending at Sebastian Inlet State Park. This area is comprised of acres of oceanfront and riverfront parks and preserve land – dotted with a variety of unique residential opportunities. If you enjoy the beach lifestyle and are intrigued by a remote and private setting, this is an area you won’t want to miss. Oceanfront homes rest on oversized lots overlooking pristine beaches. Expansive riverfront properties for boaters feature outstanding proximity to ocean access at Sebastian Inlet. Vero Beach is just across the county line to the south – so great restaurants and shopping are 15 miles in either direction!
- 8000 to 9500 blocks of Highway A1A
- 11.5 to 15.5 miles south of the Ocean Ave. (downtown Melbourne Beach)
- 7.5 to 11.5 miles south of Driftwood Plaza (Publix).
The Lower South Beaches area of Melbourne Beach is located at the southern tip of Brevard County’s barrier island. It includes mostly oceanfront and riverfront homes accessible directly from Highway A1A.
Info: Casual area of mixed development.
Beaches: The Lower South Beaches area features numerous public beach access points as well as Sebastian Inlet State Park, a popular destination that requires a nominal entry fee.
- Ocean to River
- Assorted single family homes, mostly waterfront
- Oversized lots
- Convenient to Beaches & Parks
- Homeowners Association:
Homes in the Lower South Beaches:
General price range – 2022 to 2023
- Single family homes: $500,000 to $5,000,000
Lot sizes – vary
Homes sizes – vary
Home styles – vary
Outstanding Brevard County School District –
- Gemini Elementary School
- Hoover Middle School
- Melbourne High School
- Also Limited Access to “Schools of Choice” including Westshore Junior/Senior High